In this privacy notice we try to answer some key questions you may have about the way in which we collect, manage and use your personal data.
What information is being collected?
Depending on how you become known to us, we may collect some or all of the following information from you:
- first name
- last name
- email address
- telephone numbers
- the date and time of key events around your engagement with TS
- the IP address from which you opted in or out
- your approximate location when opting in or out
- the website from which you submitted your information
- social media account details
- text detailing requirements, interests, concerns, suggestions
- any skills and capabilities you have volunteered
- details of any donations (date, amount and purpose) you have made
- specific permissions you have granted us to ask you for financial support
- your communications preferences
- any additional information that you choose to provide us (e.g. changes to the details above, your reasons for unsubscribing etc.)
Who is collecting it?
- Transition Stroud
- Transition Stroud action groups
How is it collected?
- Transition Stroud website (www.transitionstroud.org)
- Paper based forms at Transition Stroud events and meetings
- Survey data collected through third party survey providers (surveyhero.com)
- Emailed requests from you
- When you telephone us or otherwise contact Transition Stroud or any of its action groups
Why is it being collected?
- To communicate with you about areas of interest
- To contact you using the most appropriate channels and formats.
- To communicate with you only about those specific areas you have signed up for
How will it be used?
- For action groups where you have expressed an interest, the information you have supplied will be used to:
- tell you about forthcoming events
- keep you informed about what’s been happening
- offer opportunities for you to contribute your skills
- deliver content to you in the most appropriate format
Who will it be shared with?
- The coordinators of relevant Transition Stroud groups.
- Third parties that provide essential services to Transition Stroud:
- Mailchimp to manage bulk mailings.
What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned?
- You may receive regular newsletters
- You may receive occasional targeted communications
- Rarely you may receive requests from Transition Stroud specific to the skills, capabilities you have told us about.
- You may receive details of where Transition Stroud may value your support, financial or otherwise where you have explicitly stated your willingness to be contacted.
- You may receive rare automated emails to confirm actions you have taken or to otherwise ensure that the data we hold on you is secure
- You may receive occasional telephone contact where you have provided a telephone number and have explicitly volunteered skills, time or financial help to TS.
Is the intended use likely to cause individuals to object or complain?
- It is unlikely that the frequency or volume of communications would cause an individual to object or complain.
- Requests for specific involvement would only be done where explicit permission had been granted.