- Annual event showcasing local homes that have successfully implemented eco solutions
- Share tips and information on eco-renovation
- Over 20 homes open ranging from listed buildings to brand new self builds
Primary Contact: Tim Martel
Interest in greener technologies has never been higher and Stroud has a strong and growing reputation as a ‘greener’ place to live.
Previous annual events in Stroud have demonstrated a clear interest in eco-renovation, and the need for local information and experience sharing.
Many people intending to eco-renovate their homes would like to meet with others who have already done so. Intriguingly, in previous years, people learnt as much about the importance of insulation and energy efficiency as the newer, more aspirational Low and Zero Carbon (LZC) technologies such as photovoltaics.
We will be planning further events in the future such as using thermal imaging to improve energy efficiency within homes.
Below is an example of a recent exciting project inspired by one of Transition Stroud’s Voluntary Directors – Chartered Architectural Technologist Tim Martel.
Transition Stroud Thermal Camera project – Survey Results
One of Transition Stroud’s Voluntary Directors – Chartered Architectural Technologist Tim Martel has undertaken a project on behalf of Transition Stroud. The project aimed to:
- Offer 10 homes in Stroud Centre a 10 to 15 minute high resolution thermal camera survey of their home – to identify possible cold spots and other issues
- Provide the ten homes at the end of the survey with brief unbiased written information on organisations, websites and other help that might be available if there are cold spots
- Report at a public meeting the outcomes and recommendations that have emerged from surveying 10 homes
The talk will cover what thermal images are, typical survey results and problems found. It will then go on to give some solutions and show what reasonable expectations you can have from the insulation you use. For further information contact Tim.