- Helping local people, organisations and businesses to eliminate single-use plastic
- Rolling out the Refill scheme across the Stroud district and lobby for installation of water fountains
- Raising awareness about plastic pollution and offering practical solutions and alternatives
Email: Claudi Williams or Katharina Child on email@example.com
This group is for members of the public from across the Stroud district who wish to take part in projects that help eliminate the use of single-use plastic.
Our aim is to help eliminate single-use plastic at festivals, events, shops, markets, cafés, restaurants, schools and other organizations. This includes items such as plastic bottles, cups, straws, bags and unnecessary plastic packaging. We have joined the Refill scheme for the whole of the Stroud district and will be rolling this out during Spring and Summer 2018. Public water fountains are planned to be installed in the town in Spring 2018. We support individuals to eliminate single-use plastic at home by sharing practical solutions and alternatives. We organise talks, workshops and campaigns and network with other groups in the local area that share our aims, such as Our World youth group, the Zero Waste action group, the new plastic-free shop ‘Loose’ in Stroud, Stroud Greenpeace and Stroudco Foodhub. A core group of people liaise between the wider group and Transition Stroud. The core group coordinate public meetings, conduct research to verify facts and data, ensure that we avoid duplication of existing national or local campaigns, and generally work to raise awareness and drum up support for this action group.
Anyone interested in joining us or in suggesting a project or campaign is warmly invited to our regular meetings every last Saturday of the month at 1pm (currently at Atelier Stroud, 1st Floor 19A Lower Street). For details of our last meeting’s agenda please see below.
- New SVAP page on the Transition Stroud website now live https://www.transitionstroud.org/stroud-valleys-action-on-plastic/
- We have a ‘Refill’ training date (14th May) in Bristol. We have funding for the Refill water bottles. Our World youth group want to help rolling out Refill.
- New initiative to make Stroud Fringe Festival plastic-free in 2019
- New initiative to stage an anti-plastic event at a supermarket
- Motions to reduce single-use plastic in Stroud District Council the County Council by Councillors
- New plastic-free shop ‘Loose’ now open in Stroud, we need to drum up support
- Nailsworth Climate Action Town (NCAT) plastic info stand